Can't unlock capabilities

Hi, I am a new user having just purchased a 12 month subscription. I am attempting to run the software on my iMac running macOS Ventura 13.2.1 (22D68).
When I try to run a serial session I get:-

The Serial plugin requires the following locked capabilities:
org.jancy.io.serial
To unlock capabilities, do either of the following:

Purchase these capabilities

Start an evaluation
I have purchased a subscription so I expected it all to be unlocked.

I also tried the evaluate option, and as soon as I click yes for the 14 day trial the program crashes.

Help please.

Thanks

David

@david,

I've just checked your account, and indeed you do have an annual subscription enabled. Everything in the app should be unlocked.

If it isn't, it means that you either:

1. Didn't sign in to application under your account (e.g., you used GUEST account to sign into the app, and hence, only FREE capabilities are available)

or

1. You use the OFFLINE sign-in, but didn't update the app token after purchasing a subscription (i.e., your app token doesn't have information about your subscription).

To verify what is the case, please navigate to File->Settings->MyAccount:

725095d5-a449-4941-b071-cded0d23da9b-image.png

Hope this helps!

Hi Vladimir,
Interesting,I went to File, there was no settings listed, so I went to preferences and got the settings page, and then there was no 'My Account' so I decided to start again from square 1. I deleted the file, and this time downloaded it from your website (I downloaded it from Mac App Store last time). This time it started with a panel requesting how to log in which wasn't there before. It works now, not sure what happened previously. thank you for your prompt response.
David

Hello David,

Oh, I see now. AppStore builds don't support subscriptions -- or any other purchases made outside of AppStore, for that matter. Alas, that's the policy of Apple only to allow In-App-Purchases for AppStore products.

So, yes, please, just use a macOS package from the Download section on this site. Just FYI, AppStore builds also impose several other technical restrictions due to the required sandboxing (e.g., Pcap sniffer / TCP Flow / UDP Flow sessions can't be used, sessions can't be run as sudo, etc). So for macOS users, we actually recommend using non-AppStore builds (simply as more functional ones).