License for version 3

Dear AlL,

I purchased, two years ago, a license for the version 3.15. NOw I'd like to upgrade to version 5 but it seems I have to purchase a new license. Is that correct? As far as I remeber I've been told the the license never expire but now it seems no longer applicable. Any advice or help?
Thank you
Max

Hello Max,

Your license didn't expire -- it is and always will be accepted by the version of IO Ninja it was issued for (v3.x.x)

But in IO Ninja 5, there are no more licenses -- they have been replaced by capabilities and subscriptions -- you can read an introduction to the new licensing model and our motivation for this change. The "Have A License?" section over there outlines what to do with the old licenses, but basically, it boils down to the following:

We return you the total price of the original license in the form of credits, essentially letting you reuse the already spent money for the second time!

Also, we didn't close our download archive, so if you really don't like the new licensing model, you can always roll back to the version that worked for you.

However, I genuinely believe it's better to upgrade -- and use the credits that you have anyway! -- due to lots and lots of critical fixes, new features, and all kinds of other updates that were introduced since v3.x.x. And, of course, there's even more to come.