Capturing IEC 60870-5-101 traffic with serial tap

I'm trying out my newly purchased serial tap. It works fine and it captures the traffic in a serial line. But the protocol IEC 60870-5-101 is not supported by the IO Ninja software so I can only see Hex information.

So I thought of two ways to translate this protocol

1. I have a software that can translate this protocol but it can only listen to com ports. Is there a way to get the serial tap to act like a com port in windows?

2. Wireshark can translate this protocol as well. Is there a way to listen to a serial tap in Wireshark? I saw that it was possible to do that with the ethernet tap using pipes.

Which is the underlying link you are sniffing with your Serial Tap? Is it half-duplex or full-duplex?

This post is deleted!

If this is a half-duplex link, you can utilize a regular 3rd-party USB-to-Serial adapter from this application of yours that you say can decode 60870-5-101.

It's also theoretically possible to post-process an .njlog captured with a Serial Tap and convert it into a .pcap for further analysis in Wireshark. However, it looks like Wireshark can only decode IEC-60870-5-103:

46768dab-7f64-4da7-9f52-cce87ef2f6f6-image.png