Serial Tap stopped showing data

I ran into an issue with IO Ninja Serial Tap RS232 after it had been working pretty well for months: I pressed capture button, but there was no data flowing. I noticed that the TX/RX lights were red and they had been green when working well in the past. The communication of my windows application with and without IO Ninja Serial Tap hardware was both good, so the cables were fine, and the Serial tap can transfer data well, just that it did not display the transferred data.

I only got the following line and nothing displayed after this line.
[+] Opened port @002:005 IO Ninja Serial Tap baud: 125000 bps DTR: off RTS: off DSR: off CTS: off

I compared it with log collected in the past as shown below and noticed that: in the problematic case, DTR and DSR are both off while they are on in good case:

serial_tap.png

The setting for my application is quite simple: baud rate 125K, 8 N 1 and the rest are default settings. I restored setting to default and change baud rate to 125K, no luck. I also switched cable connections (DTE,DCE), reboot computer, the issue was still there.

Thank you!
Nan

Hello,

Do you use DB9 connectors on the sides or the terminal block on top? Could you please check the RS232/RS485/TTL mode switch in the center of the tap, is it in the correct position (RS232)? Also, a photo of how you connect the tap would help.