Gigabit Ethernet support

Is a Gigabit Ethernet-capable TAP on the road map? If so, when?

In the meantime, is there a workaround for placing a tap between a Gigabit Ethernet switch and a 100Mbps or 10Mbps device?

For example, if I have a MANAGED Gigabit Ethernet switch, and I FORCED that switch port to be configured for 100Base-T, while the other device only supports 100Base-T, would your Ethernet Tap work in that instance (since each port of the switch would be set to 100Base-T?

Gigabit Ethernet Tap is in the plans, but I can't give any definitive timeline on this as of now.

Regarding using the existing Ethernet Tap with a managed switch, I think that should be possible. I forwarded your question to our hardware engineers for a double-check; we will reply here later.

Although we plan to test this scenario, we have not yet tried to sniff Gigabit Ethernet lines forced to 100Base-T with the Ethernet Tap. But theoretically, I think if you force the both sides of the switch to work as 100Base-T, the Ethernet Tap will be able to sniff the communication. Literally, Gigabit Ethernet is backwards compatible with older technologies or literally speeds.
In addition, the initial negotiation between PHYs of devices should determine the speed to be set the lowest side's speed; this is normally done per port of switch. This means that putting the Ethernet Tap in between your connection might automatically degrade the speed to 100Base-T and Ethernet Tap just works. Because our Ethernet Tap is not physically a pass-through connection of two (IN and OUT) ports.
As soon as we test this scenario, we will share the updates here.
I hope you find this useful.

I can confirm that forcing 1Gbit Ethernet to 100Base-T will enable sniffing with Ethernet TAP.
My setup is on Marvell EA1512 and RTL8211F.
Hardcoding speed on both transceivers to 100Mbit did the trick.