Serial try connect: Error: The requested resource is in use.

When I try to connect, it throws an exception, I tried it as an administrator.

The package was just purchased, maybe something else needs to be done.

I can freely connect to the port via the Terminal v 1.9b program

bce63a42-cfd3-482c-9c6d-e42a6045277b-image.png

From the log we can see the port getting opened (so it's not a permission issue, and the Administrative access is not needed). Then immediately a "The requested resource is in use" error (winerror code ERROR_BUSY) follows.

This most likely means that concurrent read operations are not supported by the driver. By default, IO Ninja is issuing multiple simultaneous read operations on most IO transports to maximize throughput. However, some serial drivers can't handle multiple reads at the same time.

Luckily, IO Ninja has means to overcome this limitation of such drivers. To combat that, you can either (a) decrease Read parallelism to 1 or (b) set Read mode to Check COMSTAT.cbInQue

db25a850-5ffb-4bc7-955b-8a7a9932ad6c-image.png

Just curious, what kind of serial port is that (vendor/model)? You can hover your mouse over the item in the port dropdown box, and a tooltip with in-depth details on the port will pop up.

@vladimir 14bdf468-3c82-4024-ab15-a2c25278ce61-image.png

this is a bank POS terminal.
your hint helped connect to the device

a37dc214-aa84-406c-89f2-742ec0cbae2a-image.png

Thanks for the information. We probably should add this driver to the exception list and automatically select the more compatible (but less performant) read mode Check COMSTAT.cbInQue for it.

So, just to double-confirm -- after selecting this mode (or reducing Read Parallelism to 1), you can use the Serial plugin in IO Ninja to work with this device, right?

@vladimir
i only changed Read mod to Check COMSTAT.cbInQue and it worked